Dr Irina Yelland
Consultant Clinical Psychologist
Assessments are £110 and last 90 minutes
On going sessions are £100 and last 55 minutes
tel: 07760 114 703
Are you feeling worried, anxious or stressed?
Have you had past experiences that are affecting your life now?
Have you lost joy in life and would like to find happiness again?
I would like to help you.
I am a Consultant Clinical Psychologist with over 20 years of experience working with children, adolescents and adults with a wide range of emotional, behavioural and mental health difficulties. My approach is warm, friendly and professional, and I would never judge you or your problems, no matter how big or small they are. The most significant part of therapy is the therapeutic relationship, so it’s important to me that you feel listened to, understood, supported and encouraged.
If you or your child are experiencing emotional, behavioural or mental health difficulties, such as anxiety, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), depression, the effects of trauma, emotion regulation difficulties, low self-esteem or feeling overwhelmed, I am here to offer you my professional expertise. For a more extensive list of issues I work with, please see below.
During the initial appointment we would explore what you are struggling with. We will then decide together on an individualised plan for your therapy sessions. Everyone is unique, and the support I offer will be tailored to you and your needs. I offer evidence-based interventions that have been proven to be clinically effective.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT), Radically Open Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (RO-DBT), Compassion Focused Therapy (CFT), Interpersonal Psychotherapy (IPT), Solution Focused Therapy (SFT) and Mindfulness.
I offer help to adults with:
Anxiety, depression, OCD, panic attacks, phobias, stress, eating disorders (Bulimia, Anorexia, Binge Eating), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), effects of trauma, personality disorder, dissociative disorders, chronic pain, grief and relationship difficulties.
I offer help to children, adolescents and families with:
Worries, fears, anxieties, school refusal, managing exam stress, low mood, depression, separation difficulties, emotion regulation difficulties, confidence and self-esteem issues, self-criticism, eating disorders, relationship difficulties, social skills difficulties, sleep problems, life transitions (changing school, family, new siblings), managing divorce and separation, managing ADHD, ASD and Asperger's syndrome, parenting strategies.
If you are struggling with something which is not on the lists above, you are welcome to contact me to discuss if I can help.
· Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (DClinPsy)
· Advanced Certificate in Counselling Skills
· BSc Honours in Psychology
Health & Care Professions Council (HCPC) - Clinical Psychologist
History of employment:
I am currently working as a Consultant Clinical Psychologist for a local NHS Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS).
My previous NHS employment includes:
· Principal Clinical Psychologist in CAMHS in North Wales
· Principal Clinical Psychologist in Adult Mental Health Secondary Care Service in Stockport
· Senior Clinical Psychologist in Child and Adolescent Eating Disorder Service and in Adult Mental Health Service in Chester
· Clinical Psychologist in CAMHS in North Wales
· Assistant Clinical Psychologist for inpatient and outpatient adult mental health services in South Wales and in the Early Intervention in Psychosis Service
My other employment includes:
· Assistant Psychologist in a semi-secure unit for young offenders
· Children and Women’s Worker in a women’s refuge
· Support Worker in a Rudolf Steiner Community for young adults with learning disabilities and mental health problems in Wales
· Assistant Psychologist in a children’s home in Russia
I completed my Doctorate in Clinical Psychology in Bangor University, in North Wales. Since qualifying I have offered teaching and supervision to Trainee Clinical Psychologists as well as supervision, consultations and training to other professionals.
Supervision, consultations and training:
I offer supervision, consultation and training to psychologists and other professionals on individual or group basis.